Customized Heavy Industrial Solutions
Since 1907, Murphy Company has set the standard for servicing the construction and maintenance needs of our industrial clients.
Heavy Industrial Experience and Services
Murphy’s industrial team is consistently ranked among the top 15 mechanical contractors in the nation primarily due to repeat work with our customers. We provide the high level industrial expertise to execute any project successfully.
We offer self-performing services for pipefitter, boilermaker and support craft services. With the experience of tough industrial project work, we have the ability to react to owner requests and/or changes and stay focused on critical path activities. We hold ourselves to our corporate commitment to safe, high-quality work delivered on time and within your budget.
Murphy’s Heavy Industrial group offers a variety of services within several industries and our client base spans the entire United States. Some of these services and industries include:
- New Construction
- Maintenance Turnaround Services
- Plant Outages
- Heavy Rigging
- Labor Intensive/Critical Schedule Driven Projects
- Power: Coal Fired Plants, Combustion Turbines, Co-Generation/Renewable Energy, Environmental, Hydro, Maintenance/Outages, Alternate fuels.
- Petrochemical/Refinery: FCCU Turnarounds, Maintenance Turnarounds, Capital Projects
- Steel: Blast Furnaces, Coke Ovens, BOF’s, Cold Mills, Hot Strips, Maintenance/Outages
- Cement: Bag houses, Rough and Finish Mills, Drying systems, Rotary Kilns, Maintenance/Outages
- Chemical: Equipment Installations/Process Piping, Maintenance/Outages
- Manufacturing: Foam Lines, Steel Lines, Green Sand Casting Facilities, Maintenance/Outages
Power/Process Plant Construction
Murphy utilizes scheduling software and tracks progress against costs spent to gauge performance on work breakdown activity. Equipment erection and piping systems are installed and tested to complete your addition or expansion.
Murphy provides long-term facility maintenance service. Trained and qualified craftspeople execute routine and emergency maintenance of process and piping equipment.
Turnarounds and Retrofits
Murphy’s proven capabilities enable the team to efficiently plan, estimate, schedule and execute planned shutdowns as well as the unforeseen emergency outage work. Safety, innovation, detailed planning and effective management of the workforce are the heart of Murphy’s project execution.
At Murphy Company, personal injury, property damage and resulting loss of production are not acceptable costs of doing business for us or for our clients. Murphy is dedicated to achieving a zero incident workplace and has a highly successful safety record to prove it.
Our quality is also a Core value and key in our continual repeat business. Murphy’s Industrial Constructors team has the following American Society of Mechanical Engineers Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Stamps:
- R Stamp: Repairs and/or Alterations of Boilers and Pressure Vessels
- U Stamp: Manufacture of Pressure Vessels
- S Stamp: Manufacturer and Assembly of Power Boilers
- PP Stamp: Fabrication and Assembly or Pressure Piping