At Murphy Company, we believe that we are obligated to protect the human, physical and financial resources of both our company and our clients.
We recognize our responsibility to manage our business in a manner that will effectively conserve and utilize these resources. It is our belief that all incidents occur as the result of a specific cause or causes and are therefore, preventable.
Consistent with these beliefs, we will endeavor to:
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace free from recognized hazards.
- Provide necessary instruction and protective equipment and measures when hazardous work must be performed.
- Comply with all applicable rules and regulations as set forth by OSHA and the client.
- Recognize incident prevention as an integral part of all operational activity and not a separate program.
- Hold Managers and Supervisors at all levels accountable for the safety performance of their operations.
- Provide professional personnel to support the Safety and Health Program and to monitor performance.
We believe that all worksite injuries are preventable by:
- Providing a high level of training to ensure that our employees are up-to-date on industry standards and the best safety protocols.
- Effectively pre-planning our work in order to eliminate accidents and injuries.
- Implementing a zero tolerance policy for items that keep our employees safe.
CORPORATE SAFETY SUCCESS
We have achieved much success in the recent past. Some of our most notable accomplishments include:
- 2,828,607 Consecutive Hours without a Lost Time Injury
- 740,223 Consecutive Hours without a recordable injury
- 56 consecutive days, 262,456 hours with ZERO INJURIES Nationwide.
We truly believe that each and every one of our employees has the right to go home the way they came to work – healthy. Any recommendations to improve our Safety Program are encouraged because we are continually searching for ways to improve our processes and enhance our program.